St. Paul Evangelical Lutheran Church will be resuming in-church worship services on Sunday, June 21, 2020 at 10:00 am. Although we will once again be in the sanctuary for the worship service, things will not be completely back to the way they were a few months ago.
As we look forward to resuming our person to person worship services, there are some guidelines that will be followed to protect the health and safety of our congregation. We are working for the best possible way to get back together and watch out for one another during this time.
- If you are in a high-risk group, or if you have symptoms, or if you feel safer at home, please stay at home and watch the worship service online.
- There will be an attendant wearing gloves at the door to open and close it as each person enters and exits.
- Masks will be required. If you do not have a mask, there will be some available.
- You will be asked to immediately move to the sanctuary for worship.
- You will not be allowed to hang any coats or jackets on the racks.
- There will be no gathering at the door during entry or exit for the service.
- Upon entering the sanctuary, you will be directed to fill the front pews first and move back as needed.
- Beginning in the front, every other pew will be filled, and the rows to be used will be alternated from side to side. Families will be allowed to sit together.
- There will be bulletins placed in the pews where people will be allowed to sit. If there is not a bulletin there, do not sit there.
- If the sanctuary becomes full, you will be directed to the Fellowship Hall. We are working to get the audio piped into the Fellowship Hall.
- There will be no hymnals available during the worship service.
- No singing will be allowed. There may be special recorded music.
- There will not be an attendance booklet for the pews.
- Communion will be offered once a month using individual wrapped juice cups and wafers. The usher, wearing gloves, will hand these out as you enter the sanctuary.
- There will not be collection plates passed around. We will have a special offering box for you to place your envelope.
- At the end of the service, you will be dismissed by an usher starting from the back pews and moving to the front.
- There will be no coffee and fellowship after the worship service.
- We ask that the use of the restroom be limited. If it is necessary, we would like to follow the social distancing protocol and allow only two people in the restroom at a time. If it becomes necessary, we will have social distancing markers on the floor leading to the restrooms. Please remember to wash your hands.
- If you are showing any symptoms of sickness of any kind, please stay home until you are symptom free.
- As this pandemic continues, please anticipate further adaptations to how we worship as a group.
The entire church will be kept sanitized. The areas used for worship will be sanitized before each worship and again after each worship.
We would like to thank you in advance for your cooperation in returning to person to person worship. If everyone follows these guidelines, we should be able to keep everyone safe and healthy. Hopefully, we have met all of the needs to move into this phase of worship. As this is all new territory for us, we want to make it the best possible scenario for everyone.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the church, 712-642-2820.
St. Paul Church Council